Everyone is welcome, but we particularly encourage those from a South Asian background to attend, as your experience is often under-represented in the Parkinson’s UK community and is crucial to fully understanding the condition. This event is part of Parkinson’s UK’s Race Equality in Research project.
Hosted by Parkinson’s UK, the event will offer advice about living with Parkinson’s and help connect you to local support.
On the day you can:
* Chat with Parkinson’s advisers who support people with Parkinson’s and their families in over 170 languages
* Meet local Parkinson’s specialists and healthcare professionals who provide support and care in your area
* Connect with other people living well with Parkinson’s
* Learn about activities that can help people manage their symptoms and live well
* Find out how taking part in Parkinson’s research could help to find more effective treatments for you and your community
* And much more!
A programme of talks will run from 10:30am to 2:30pm, with plenty of breaks and a free, hot buffet lunch included. People are welcome to arrive from 10am to chat with our stallholders, and can stay after until 3:30pm to chat to stallholders, speakers, healthcare professionals and Parkinson’s UK staff.
Walk ins are welcome, and you are free to pop in at any time on the day that suits you.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Liz Nash from Parkinson’s UK at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7963 9398.
If you or someone you know has questions about living with Parkinson’s or needs support, you can ring the Parkinson’s UK Helpline for free on 0808 800 0303 or email email@example.com.
Category: Community | Fundraisers | Charities