How your organization build trust between security and developer teams
Organizations are moving to Google Cloud Platform to embrace agile application development processes utilising both virtualized and containerised workloads. This change often creates competing interests between the development team's need to release into production quickly, and InfoSec needing to ensure the environment is secure.
Join Google Cloud and Palo Alto Networks for a hands-on, interactive Hackathon where DevOps and SecOps will work together to deploy a cloud based application, run automated attacks and then learn how to secure the application using cloud native and Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security tools.
As a team based activity (min 2 persons), you will have representation from both DevOps and SecOps.
During the Hackathon, you'll:
- Learn how developers and security teams can jointly deploy and secure applications, using Google Kubernetes ® Engine and virtual machines
- Employ a VM-Series Virtualized Next-Gen Firewall to inspect and secure container traffic
- Deploy Palo Alto Networks Traps™ End Point Security to secure VMs and containers in the cloud
- Use automation templates with Terraform to deploy at scale
- Participate in an interactive Capture the Flag game
- Team of two or more (the idea is that you can help each other with your specific areas of interest e.g. app deployment + the securing of the application workload).
- No prior knowledge of Google Cloud or Palo Alto Networks technologies needed (but might come in handy)
- A photo ID (for building access)
- Your own laptop with an updated, HTML 5-compatible browser.
- An appetite for some fun, nice food and tech!
Seating is limited, register today to reserve your spot. We look forward to seeing you there!
Time: 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
Category: Conferences, Engineering and Technology, Information Technologies
Venue details: Google Academy, 123 Buckingham Palace Rd, London, England, EC3V 4QT, United Kingdom